Skip to main content

All you need to know about F1 Visas for studying in the US, by Dr Anil Khare, Top Career Counsellor in the Middle East

By: Zexprwire

Dubai, UAE, 28th April 2022, ZEXPRWIRE, The United States of America continues to be one of the top destinations for international students. However, because of certain issues that have become prevalent with foreign students coming to the U.S. for studying, there are strict rules and regulations. The F student visa is the route for foreign students who want to study in the United States.

What is an F-1 Visa?

F1 visas are issued to international students studying in the US, who must maintain their full-time student status. They can stay up to 60 days after completing their course unless they’re approved for a work permit under OPT. F-1 student visas are for full-time students. Issued by the US government, this visa also allows you to take a short internship or do research with a professor while at a university in the United States. 

To be eligible for an F-1 Visa you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student at a U.S. university.
  • You must be able to support yourself financially while in the U.S.
  • After the university determines that the application has been completed, you are considered academically eligible and an I-20 form will be issued that enables you to apply for an F1 student visa.

It is expected that F1 students will finish their studies by the given date on the I-20 form issued by the university they have received an acceptance letter from (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status) and will attend.

F1 Visa Qualifications

To qualify, there will be an interview where applicants are required to satisfy and provide proof for strict criteria, such as:

  • Proof of Foreign Residence
  • Sponsoring Institution – a student may study only at the university or institution for which the visa was granted.
  • Proof of Financial Support
  • Ties to Home Country -Applicants are required to show proof of having strong ties to their home country that may be in the form of 
  1. An offer letter for a job after studies
  2. Assets such as house, vehicle, or land
  3. A bank account
  4. Family

Where to Apply

Applicants for US student visas generally apply at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although the application may be done at a US consular office abroad, it may be not be easy to qualify. To learn more about US student visas, feel free to contact one of our career counselling team members through If you are looking for a short course or an internship over the summer in the US, get in touch with us right away as we have a team of the most experienced career counsellors in the Middle East.

Media Contacts

Name: Dr. Anil Khare
Phone No: +971 4 355 4850 | +971 55 956 4344
Head Office: 1803, Al Moosa Tower 2, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Branch Address: 1401, IT Plaza, Silicon Oasis, Dubai-UAE
Branch Address: 2401, Fortune Tower, Cluster C, JLT, Dubai-UAE

The post All you need to know about F1 Visas for studying in the US, by Dr Anil Khare, Top Career Counsellor in the Middle East appeared first on Zex PR Wire.

Data & News supplied by
Stock quotes supplied by Barchart
Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.