Gross Profit Rises 18.9% to €13.8 Million (USD $15.2 Million); Adjusted EBITDA Grows 51.3% to €4.7 Million (USD $5.2 Million)
Updates Full Year 2023 Guidance Ranges with Midpoints Implying Revenue Growth of 13% and AEBITDA Growth of 32% over Full Year 2022
TORONTO–August 10, 2023–Bragg Gaming Group (NASDAQ:BRAG, TSX:BRAG) (“Bragg” or the “Company”), a global B2B content-driven iGaming technology provider, today reported record financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2023. The Company also updated its revenue and Adjusted EBITDA growth targets for full year 2023.
Summary of 2Q23 Financial and Operational Highlights
(1) Bragg’s reporting currency is Euros. The exchange rate provided is EUR €1.00 = USD $1.1. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, this reference rate is provided for convenience only.
(2) Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS measure. For important information on the Company’s non-IFRS measures, see “Non-IFRS Financial Measures” below.
Chief Executive Officer Commentary
“Bragg’s initiatives to focus the business to be a leading content-driven iGaming B2B provider combined with disciplined expense management, resulted in record second quarter operating results,” said Yaniv Sherman, Chief Executive Officer for Bragg. “Second quarter revenue and gross profit both rose nearly 19% year over year to €24.7 million (USD $27.2 million) and €13.8 million (USD $15.2 million), respectively, while Adjusted EBITDA increased more than 50% to €4.7 million (USD $5.2 million). These results reflect, in part, our continued shift towards a revenue mix of higher-margin products including in-house created proprietary and exclusive third-party content, turn-key Player Account Management (“PAM”) and managed services partnerships. The mix shift helped drive a 410-basis point improvement in our Adjusted EBITDA margin to 19.2%, an all-time quarterly record.
“During the second quarter we further advanced our efforts to scale the global distribution of our proprietary and exclusive third-party content. We continue to grow our distribution in North America as in the first six months of this year we launched our proprietary and exclusive third-party content across seven operators in three North American markets. We are similarly focused on expanding our presence in Europe as we launched with ten operators in five European markets in the same time frame, including now being live with nearly all of the operators in Switzerland and having the leading PAM in the Netherlands. With our successes on this front, we continue to accelerate our new game launches, with 30 new proprietary or third-party exclusive games introduced globally in the first half of the year, and up to 40 additional new games expected to be introduced by year end. The growing distribution of our new games to new partners demonstrates the significant value and engagement of our content as well as our progress in transforming Bragg into a must-have content supplier for leading global iGaming operators.”
Mr. Sherman concluded, “With significant and ongoing progress on our key strategic initiatives Bragg is positioned to deliver further year over year revenue and cash flow growth in the second half of 2023 and beyond. Our balance sheet and strong cash flow has us well capitalized to execute on our growth initiatives. We are confident we have the right strategies and infrastructure in place to continue fortifying our position as a leading B2B iGaming content provider and that our business momentum will create new value for our shareholders.”
Second Quarter 2023 and Recent Business Highlights
- New content and RGS technology went live with Rush Street Interactive in Pennsylvania, with FanDuel in Michigan and Connecticut, and with WynnBet in New Jersey
- Entered into new global distribution agreements with Tier 1 operators 888 Holdings and PokerStars (Flutter)
- These agreements will expand the reach of Bragg’s content in leading European markets such as the UK, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Sweden and in the U.S. in New Jersey, Michigan and Pennsylvania
- Launched for the first time in the Eurasian territory of Georgia with Adjarabet
- Expanded Switzerland and Spain reach with six new customers
- Since April 1, 2023, the Company has made four monthly cash payments to Lind Global Fund II LP (Lind”) in the aggregate amount of USD $2.0 million, in lieu of conversion into common shares, avoiding further dilution. The total outstanding balance of the convertible security as of August 10, 2023, is USD $6.0 million
- Bragg expects to utilize cash flow from operations to make similar monthly cash payments to further reduce the Lind convertible security
Second Quarter 2023 Financial Results and other Key Metrics Highlights
- Revenue increased by 18.9% to €24.7 million (USD $27.2 million) compared to €20.8 million (USD $22.9 million) in 2Q22
- Wagering revenue generated by games and content offered by the Company increased by 31.2% to €5.5 billion (USD $6.1 billion) compared to €4.2 billion (USD $4.6 billion) in 2Q22
- Gross profit increased by 18.9% to €13.8 million (USD $15.2 million) from €11.6 million (USD $12.8 million) in 2Q22, representing a gross profit margin of 55.9%
- Net income for the period was €0.4 million (USD $0.4 million), an improvement from €0.1 million (USD $0.1 million) in 2Q22
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 51.3% to €4.7 million (USD $5.2 million) compared to €3.1 million (USD $3.4 million) in 2Q22, representing an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 19.2% compared to 15.1% in 2Q22
- For the six-month period ended June 30, 2023, total cash flow from operations was €5.2 million (USD $ 5.7 million) compared to €7.6 million (USD $ 8.4 million) for the first six months of 2022.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of June 30, 2023, was €10.7 million (USD $11.8 million) and net working capital, excluding deferred consideration, was €8.3 million (USD $9.1 million)
Updates Full Year 2023 Guidance
Reflecting the business momentum through the first half of the year as well as ongoing discussions in regard to optimizing key customer partnerships for the long-term, Bragg today updated its 2023 full year revenue guidance range to €95-97 million (US $104.5-106.7 million) and its full year Adjusted EBITDA to €15.5-16.5 million (USD $17.1-18.2 million).
Investor Conference Call
The Company will host a conference call today, August 10, 2023, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time, to discuss its second quarter 2023 results. During the call, management will review a presentation that will be made available to download at https://investors.bragg.group/financials/quarterly-results/default.aspx.
To join the call, please use the below dial-in information:
Participant Toll-Free Dial-In Number (US/CANADA): (888) 210-4227
Participant Toll Dial-In Number (INTERNATIONAL): (646) 960-0341
United Kingdom: Toll-Free: +44 800 358 0970
United Kingdom: Toll Dial-In: +44.20.3433.3846
Conference ID: 2522980
A webcast of the call and presentation may also be viewed at: https://investors.bragg.group/events-and-presentations/events/default.aspx
A replay of the call will be available until August 17, 2023 following the conclusion of the live call. In order to access the replay, dial (647) 362-9199 or (800) 770-2030 (toll-free) and use the passcode 2522980.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
This news release may contain forward-looking statements or “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws (“forward-looking statements”), including, without limitation, statements with respect to the following: the Company’s strategic growth initiatives and corporate vision and strategy; financial guidance for 2023, expected performance of the Company’s business; expansion into new markets; the impact of the new German regulatory regime, expected future growth and expansion opportunities; expected benefits of transactions; expected future actions and decisions of regulators and the timing and impact thereof. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of presenting information about management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future and allowing readers to get a better understanding of the Company’s anticipated financial position, results of operations, and operating environment. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “plans”, “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, or “believes”, or describes a “goal”, or variation of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved.
All forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s beliefs and assumptions based on information available at the time the statements were made. Actual results or events may differ from those predicted in these forward-looking statements. All of the Company’s forward-looking statements are qualified by the assumptions that are stated or inherent in such forward-looking statements, including the assumptions listed below. Although the Company believes that these assumptions are reasonable, this list is not exhaustive of factors that may affect any of the forward-looking statements. The key assumptions that have been made in connection with the forward-looking statements include the following: the impact of any public health measures on the business of the Company; the regulatory regime governing the business of the Company; the operations of the Company; the products and services of the Company; the Company’s customers; the growth of Company’s business, the meeting minimum listing requirements of the stock exchanges on which the Company’s shares trade; which may not be achieved or realized within the time frames stated or at all; the integration of technology; and the anticipated size and/or revenue associated with the gaming market globally.
Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, future events, conditions, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, prediction, projection, forecast, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others, the following: risks related to the Company’s business and financial position; that the Company may not be able to accurately predict its rate of growth and profitability; risks associated with general economic conditions; adverse industry events; future legislative and regulatory developments; the inability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources; the inability to access sufficient capital on favorable terms; realization of growth estimates, income tax and regulatory matters; the ability of the Company to implement its business strategies; competition; economic and financial conditions, including volatility in interest and exchange rates, commodity and equity prices; changes in customer demand; disruptions to our technology network including computer systems and software; natural events such as severe weather, fires, floods and earthquakes; and risks related to health pandemics and the outbreak of communicable diseases. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
Non-IFRS Financial Measures
Statements in this news release make reference to “Adjusted EBITDA”, which is a non-IFRS (as defined herein) financial measure that the Company believes is appropriate to provide meaningful comparison with, and to enhance an overall understanding of, the Company’s past financial performance and prospects for the future. The Company believes that “Adjusted EBITDA” provides useful information to both management and investors by excluding specific expenses and items that management believe are not indicative of the Company’s core operating results. “Adjusted EBITDA” is a financial measure that does not have a standardized meaning under International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”). As there is no standardized method of calculating “Adjusted EBITDA”, it may not be directly comparable with similarly titled measures used by other companies. The Company considers “Adjusted EBITDA” to be a relevant indicator for measuring trends in performance and its ability to generate funds to service its debt and to meet its future working capital and capital expenditure requirements. “Adjusted EBITDA” is not a generally accepted earnings measure and should not be considered in isolation or as an alternative to net income (loss), cash flows or other measures of performance prepared in accordance with IFRS. Adjusted EBITDA is more fully defined and discussed, and reconciliation to IFRS financial measures is provided, in Company’s Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”) for the three and six-month period ended June 30, 2023.
About Bragg Gaming Group
Bragg Gaming Group (NASDAQ: BRAG, TSX: BRAG) is a content-driven iGaming technology provider, serving online and land-based gaming operators with its proprietary and exclusive content, and its cutting-edge technology. Bragg Studios offer high-performing, data-driven and passionately crafted casino gaming titles from in-house brands Wild Streak Gaming, Spin Games, Atomic Slot Lab, Indigo Magic and Oryx Gaming. Its proprietary content portfolio is complemented by a range of exclusive titles from carefully selected studio partners which are Powered By Bragg: games built on Bragg remote games server (Bragg RGS) technology, distributed via the Bragg Hub content delivery platform and available exclusively to Bragg’s customers. Bragg’s modern and flexible omnichannel Player Account Management (Bragg PAM) platform powers multiple leading iCasino and sportsbook brands and is supported by expert in-house managed operational and marketing services. All content delivered via the Bragg Hub, whether exclusive or from Bragg’s large, aggregated games portfolio, is managed from a single back-office and is supported by powerful data analytics tools, as well as Bragg’s Fuze™ player engagement toolset. Bragg is licensed or otherwise certified, approved and operational in multiple regulated iCasino markets globally, including in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ontario, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Malta and Colombia.
Financial tables follow
BRAGG GAMING GROUP INC.
INTERIM UNAUDITED CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF INCOME (LOSS) AND COMPREHENSIVE (LOSS) INCOME
(In thousands, except per share amounts)
BRAGG GAMING GROUP INC.
INTERIM UNAUDITED CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF FINANCIAL POSITION
BRAGG GAMING GROUP INC.
UNAUDITED SELECTED FINANCIAL GAAP AND NON-GAAP MEASURES
Chief Strategy Officer
Bragg Gaming Group
Joseph Jaffoni, Richard Land, James Leahy
212-835-8500 or email@example.com
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Bragg Gaming Group Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) fifty seven thousand USD for 30 days (21 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Bragg Gaming Group Inc. intends to offer; (e) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Bragg Gaming Group Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s business operations (e) Bragg Gaming Group Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Bragg Gaming Group Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Bragg Gaming Group Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Bragg Gaming Group Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Bragg Gaming Group Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Bragg Gaming Group Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Bragg Gaming Group Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed