The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, Mr. Edappadi K. Palaniswami inaugurated ‘Naruvi Hospitals’, a state-of-the-art multi-specialty hospital of global standards in Vellore recently, raising this fort-city’s people-centric healthcare to a new level in the State.
Mr. Palaniswami unveiled the plaque of the new Rs.600 crore hospital in the heart of Vellore through video-conferencing from the Secretariat in Chennai, in the presence of the State Health Minister, Dr. C. Vijayabaskar, Commercial Taxes Minister, Mr. K.C. Veeramani, MGR University Chancellor and former MP, Dr. A.C. Shanmugam, and Chairman of ‘Naruvi Hospitals’, Dr. G.V. Sampath. The 500-bed Hospital is a first of its kind in “innovative partnership”, with technical collaboration with ‘Henry Ford Health System’, a leading healthcare provider in the U.S.
Even as the auspicious inauguration was watched live at the Hospital premises here, to the accompaniment of ‘Nagaswaram’ music, by its doctors and staff led by Naruvi Hospitals’ managerial team, Dr. G. V. Sampath at the Secretariat in Chennai earlier greeted the Chief Minister with a bouquet.
Welcoming the gathering, Dr. G.V. Sampath had a special word of thanks to Mr. Palaniswami, who despite his pressing duties and engagements, took time to launch the project today. Explaining the reasons for choosing Vellore in Tamil Nadu to house such a top-class medical facility, with 19 Specialties and ten Super-Specialties to start with, Dr. G.V. Sampath said many boxes were instantly ticked in preferring Tamil Nadu. They included the State having one of the best infrastructures in the country, good governance and peaceful ambience with law and order well maintained. The Chief Minister, Mr. Edappadi K Palaniswami’s leadership has actualized this eco-system, he added.
Dr. G.V. Sampath, in his opening remarks, also thanked Mr. K.C. Veeramani, for his continuous support and encouragement for this Hospital project from the beginning, besides complementing the Health Minister, Dr. C. Vijayabaskar for making Tamil Nadu the leading state in healthcare in the country. The Chairman also had an endearing word for Dr. A.C. Shanmugam, a family friend and well-wisher.
At the Hospital end, its Vice Chairperson, Mrs. Anitha Sampath, thanked the Chief Minister and other dignitaries for making this dream project turn reality today. Mr. Palaniswami and others then watched a sleek video presentation on the wide-ranging facilities at ‘Naruvi Hospitals’. Dr. Paul Henry, noted Neurosurgeon and the Hospital’s Executive Director, Dr. Aravindan Nair, Chief of Medical Services, Mr. P. Mani Maran, Chief Operating Officer and Mr. Nithin Sampath, General Manager, Operations and IT Services, were among those who took part in the function at the Hospital’s venue.
Dr. A.C. Shanmugam, proposing the vote of thanks at the Secretariat, said it was “Vellore’s pride” that such a multi-specialty hospital with all facilities at one place had come here, providing job opportunities for over 1,000 doctors and other support staff in phases. He recalled that ‘Naruvi Hospitals’ was one of the MoUs’ signed during the Global Investment meet and which has come to fruition.
Hailing the Chief Minister Mr. Edappadi K Palaniswami’s effective leadership which has taken Tamil Nadu to new heights in several fields, Dr. Shanmugam said the former had proved the skeptics wrong by giving an able administration in the last four years. With the outbreak of Covid-19 novel coronavirus pandemic last year, Tamil Nadu came in for notice for the rapid spread of the virus. But “today, Tamil Nadu is the first state to contain the virus spread at the earliest,” thanks to the State government’s splendid multi-level management to contain the spread of the pandemic, he added.
The Super-Specialties being offered at ‘Naruvi Hospitals’ include a vital array of disciplines like Cardiology, Endocrinology, Medical Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases, Neonatal Intensive Care, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to Urology.
The unique state-of-art medical facilities at ‘Naruvi Hospitals’ include:
- 3-Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners, which enable doctors to see images of internal organs and structures in great detail and from many angles.
- 128-Slice CT (Computerised Tomography) Scanner to provide clear, three-dimensional images.
- A dedicated Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Special department for Interventional Pulmonology, a key discipline that has emerged to cure Covid-19.
- 15 Modular Operation Theatres, all from ‘HT Labor’, Germany.
- ‘Rosa Robot’ for Epilepsy Surgery, a sophisticated equipment from France. This is the third such installation in India as on date.
- A ‘Robotic Hybrid Cath Lab’, first of its kind facility in South Asia, again from GE.
- Modular Endoscopic Suite.
- All ICU beds cabinated (individual rooms).
- Mammography (for breast cancer detection in women).
- Dexa Scan (to check bone strength).
- Fully paperless and filmless hospital with digitized X-rays including Ultrasound Imaging.
- Pneumatic Tube System with 50 destinations to carry blood samples, medicines, etc. from one place to another without human intervention.
- Dedicated Pharmacy, Blood Bank and NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories) accredited Labs, including RT-PCR test (confirmatory test for Covid-19).
All these special features and more at Naruvi Hospitals are here to help patients get well at affordable cost in a happy frame of mind.
Company Name: Naruvi Hospitals
Contact Person: Prethi Ganesan
Email: Send Email
Phone: +91 9611910077
State: Tamil Nadu