Today, we have new ways to measure the impact of our actions and new tools and technologies to manage how we affect the environment. We also have years of experience that help us refresh our approach to environmental stewardship and evolve what it means to be “environmentally sustainable.” In 2018, we took a hard look and refocused our energy toward 2030, with a new set of goals and an embrace of new practices intended not just to reduce our footprint and conserve precious resources, but to help restore the world, ultimately leaving it better than we found it.
Use the power of innovation and our brands to enable sustainable lifestyles and drive positive impacts
- 100% of our leadership brands will enable and inspire responsible consumption.
- 100% of our packaging will be recyclable or reusable.
- We will reduce our use of virgin petroleum plastic in packaging by 50%.
- We will build even greater trust through transparency, ingredient innovation and sharing our safety science.
Create transformative partnerships that enable people, the planet and our business to thrive
- We will find solutions so no P&G packaging will find its way to the ocean.
- We will protect water for people and nature in priority basins.
- We will collaborate on and invest in natural climate solutions that improve and restore critical ecosystems and support local communities.
Reduce our footprint and strive for circular solutions
- We will purchase 100% renewable electricity globally, cut GHG emissions in half at P&G sites and be carbon neutral for the decade.
- P&G sites will deliver a 35% increase in water efficiency and source at least five billion liters of water from circular sources.
- We will advance at least 10 significant supply chain partnerships to drive circularity on climate, water or waste.
- We will protect and enhance the forests we depend upon.
- We will partner to increase the area of certified forests globally, while working to strengthen certification systems.
- We will play a leadership role in efforts to develop a forest positive approach for the forest products industry that is based on sound science and delivers forest health benefits.
- We will improve livelihoods of palm smallholders by increasing yields from existing lands.
Inspire and enable every P&G employee to build sustainability into their work and their communities
- We will integrate social and environmental sustainability as a key strategy in our business plans.
- We will educate employees across all levels.
- We will reward progress and integrate recognition in the individual’s performance assessment.
Tweet me: Read about @ProcterGamble's Ambition 2030 goals, not just to reduce their footprint and conserve precious resources, but to help restore the world, ultimately leaving it better than they found it: https://bit.ly/3pVumo3
KEYWORDS: NYSE:PG, Procter & Gamble (P&G), Ambition 2030 goals, Sustainability