In the past few years, robotics has grown and changed quickly with improvements like the ChatGPT API making it easier to control robots. Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) has been at the forefront of this change by making a new API that lets people talk to machines in a natural, human-like way. The ChatGPT API is based on the idea that machines can learn, so it can understand natural language and respond in the right way. One of the most interesting things about the new Microsoft API is that it lets you control robots from afar. Robots can now be used from anywhere in the world, making them great for a wide range of tasks. With this much power, there are really no limits to what you can do. It’s not just tech companies using robotics to enhance our lives. Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP) is developing autonomous security robots (ASR) that are focused on preventing and identifying crime, Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS) is focused on using robotics for national defense and aviation; Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE:PLTR) is developing robots for industrial and defense applications, and Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN) is creating sophisticated robots and software to optimize efficiency at its fulfillment centers.
Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP), a leading maker of self-driving security robots and blue light emergency communication systems, has continued to sign contracts and deploy its ASRs and blue light emergency communication systems across the United States, at hospitals, campuses, entertainment venues to help protect the places where thousands of people live, work, study, and visit. ASRs help stop crime from taking place and emergency communication systems ensure that help is always available.
Over the last week, the company has reported several orders from new clients and additional units for existing clients. On March 9, Knightscope announced that a long-time client has renewed its K5 Autonomous Security Robot (ASR) contract for the fifth consecutive year. The client’s affectionately named “Optimus Crime” ASR patrols a San Francisco mixed-use parking building to protect the property, visitors and their cars.
On March 8, Knightscope announced that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has made an order for three new K1 Call Boxes for the recently renovated Bayonne Bridge. The Bayonne Bridge is an historic bridge connecting Bayonne, NJ and Staten Island, NY that spans 7,160 feet across the Kill Van Kull. The addition of more of Knightscope’s emergency call boxes will expand access to emergency assistance on the bridge by providing lifelines to anyone experiencing an emergency, crisis or distress.
Two days earlier, the company revealed that a private pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade school in southern California purchased a new K1 Blue Light Tower and that a New York park had added another K1 Call Box to their system.
Along with new contracts, Knightscope has also been focused on increasing engagement with its resellers which has led its technology reseller in Florida to order 30 new K1 Blue Light Towers to help with orders from current and future customers.
K1 Blue Light Tower emergency phones can be used wirelessly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even when the weather is bad. Each device has a clear, reliable speaker, a recognisable blue flashing strobe, and a light that shines at night to help responders see who is calling. There is also power from the sun and an alarm that everyone can hear.
For more information about Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP), click here.
Tech Companies Are Using Robotics to Improve Efficiency
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) has announced the next generation of AI product updates across all of its business applications. This includes the new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot, which offers interactive, AI-powered assistance across all business tasks. Copilot, which is included in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Viva Sales, assists sellers in spending less time on administrative duties. AI may assist in writing responses to client emails and can even deliver an Outlook recap of a Teams meeting. Copilot in Dynamics 365 Customer Service provides agents with the tools they need to provide the best possible care to their clients. Dynamics 365 Copilot responds to chat and email questions contextually, and it also provides an interactive chat experience over knowledge bases and case histories, ensuring that AI-powered expertise is always ready to answer questions.
Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE:PLTR) and Cleveland Clinic announced in January a multi-year partnership to give Cleveland Clinic an operations “Virtual Command Center.” The Virtual Command Center is an innovative way to improve operational excellence and patient access by letting people on the front lines of hospitals use data to make decisions and decide how to use resources. Palantir made the Virtual Command Center with the help of Cleveland Clinic’s knowledge, and the two organizations will continue to work together as “thought partners.” At Cleveland Clinic, the Virtual Command Center is used to help improve care in all areas of operation. This means streamlining how staff is assigned, how long people have to wait, how hospital beds are given out, and how important resources are used overall.
Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN) plans to hire more robots than humans and thinks that in seven years, the number of robots will be higher than the number of humans working there. Amazon got its start in robotics in 2012 when it bought Kiva Robotics for $775 million. Kiva Robotics was one of the first companies to make the self-driving mobile robots that are now common in warehouses all over the world. A few years later, Amazon set up a robotics business unit and started experimenting with many different types of robots for handling materials in its warehouses, such as the Sparrow robotic arm. TechCrunch says that as of June of last year, Amazon Robotics had put 520,000 robotic drive units in its fulfillment and sorting centers. Amazon has also changed the name of its Amazon Robotics domain to “Amazon.jobs.”
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently gave the science and technology company Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS) a main contract and three subcontracts worth a total of about $102 million. Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company that is a leader in science and technology. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Infrastructure and User Services Group (IUSG) will be helped by the main contract. The firm-fixed-price, time and materials prime contract has a five-year performance period, an eight-month base period, and an estimated value of $79 million. Leidos will work on managing operations, managed services, and application workloads as part of this contract. Leidos‘ support services will include onboarding, migration planning, modernization support, and maintenance for both current and future applications hosted in the enterprise’s hybrid cloud environments.
Knightscope’s Robot Roadshow is touring across the US to increase awareness, forge direct connections with new potential clients, and strike up conversations about these exciting technologies. The next stop of the roadshow is at the VAI Resort in Glendale, Arizona, on March 23 to allow public safety leaders to view these technologies in action, in person.
Featured Image Depositphotos @ paulfleet
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) three hundred and four thousand USD for 90 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed
Follow PressReach on Twitter
Follow PressReach on TikTok
Follow PressReach on Instagram
Subscribe to us on Youtube